Monday, May 5, 2014

April Showers Bring May Flowers

I love the Spring!
When I was a little girl, I recall picking violets and clover and creating teeny, tiny little bouquets. My Grandmother used to search for little household jars and bottles to serve as miniature vases. This fond childhood memory is what inspired my project for the Art With Heart Challenge.
I used several Sizzix products designed by Eileen Hull for this project. 

I also used an authentic vintage label that I purchased several years ago at an antique auction in Indiana. I love using vintage and antique ephemera! I used faded tans and dusty, soft pinks in my project to lend that authentic, vintage feel. I used the embossing folder on a piece of foil tape to create a fun, textured "lid" for my jar. The silver foliage was added because I like glitter :)

I had so much fun creating this! love my little jar! I love that it's dimensional and that I can keep things in it. I'm tempted to make another one to put Q-tips in it for my bathroom. Won't that be cute?
The Art with Heart Challenge is a monthly celebration of crreativity! This month the theme is, "May Flowers". Each month the Inspiration Team will be showcasing their Art With Heart created with Eileen Hull's innovative Sizzix dies. We invite you to play along with us and share YOUR Art With Heart!

We want you to create freely. There are no rules, just a few simple guidelines...

1. Create a new project following the Art With Heart Challenge theme. Interpret the theme however you like. OR, if you've created something that fits the theme previously, create a new post with a photo and a link to the original post. *This is a great way to expose older projects to fresh eyes!
2. Include a link to the current Art with Heart Challenge in your post so that others can play along too!
3. When linking up your post please include a direct link to that post.
4. You are not required to use Eileen Hull products in your projects. However, if you do you will be given two extra entries in the prize draw! Yes, there are prizes!
That's it! So let's create Art With Heart!

http://www.eileenhull.com/2014/05/art-with-heart-challenge-may-flowers.html
*Art with Heart Challenge Winners will be announced the last Friday of the month.

20 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! The vintage label works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous project Michelle! I am not really “flower girl”, but I fall in love with your project...very creative! I also wanted to thank you for the sweet comments you left on my blog, it means a lot! Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fantastic! I like every detail of your project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeeee the colors and those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so gorgeous, Michelle!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Michelle, stunning flowers. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Michelle!! Love the flowers and the glittery leaves. I used that flower die too, it is a favourite of mine. Beautiful jar!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle, this is simply stunning! Your little jar of lovely flowers reminds me of my 'long ago' little girl times of gathering wild flowers - particularly wild rose petals - when we visited my grandparents' farm. I'd walk along the country roads, choosing my flowers because I had a goal: making potpourri! Of course, it didn't work out quite as I'd hoped, likely because I wasn't patient enough for the petals to dry more fully before putting them in jars, but oh...the memories! Thank you for sharing this with us; you've made my heart sing! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious memory and your project is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! I love how you used the vintage label

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle- I love what you did with that die. Cool label and love the little extra bling! That is one of my favorite flowers to work with too! So glad you are part of the team- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, wow and wow again, Michelle! Both the flowers and the jar are simply gorgeous - what a brilliant, brilliant make!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup, pretty much one of the most stunning projects I have ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Michelle-What a great jar of flowers, it is so cute! The jar, the flowers, you did an amazing job. Oh and I love that bling you put into also!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is Magnificent, Michelle! LOVE your flowers and how detailed this is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello there amazing bouquet! I love the flowers and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Michelle, this is really and truly amazing!! I so love that you used a vintage label. I have this nasty habit of buying neat ephemera, and then never wanting to "waste" it on a project (because nothing ever seems worthy enough). You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is wonderful Michelle!!! I love the jar and those flowers are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This project is gorgeous! What a great interpretation and as usual, your mix of eclectic elements is refreshing. Love how you threw some bling in there. You always have a good hand with glitter and use it to add just the right touch. Love the part that is reminiscent of a brooch, too, which really said "mother" to me!

    ReplyDelete